Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: Historical doll guesses

  1. #21
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still hoping for an Italian immigrant girl from 1914.
    -Michele

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
    Jackie Kennedy's style was all the rage in the beginning of the 60s and that definitely wasn't "sloppy"...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Too true, Taffy, but little girl styles were still, like you say, very 1950-ish still. I think all my school dresses looked alike pretty much till I started high school. forums </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think most styles associated with a decade spilled over into the first few years of the next decade. Even though I wouldn't think AG would put a 9 year old in teenage fashions, the girl will not be the only character in the stories. Every character thus far has had a sibling, friend or uncle that is a young adult who would be following trends and influencing the main character. The '80s was the first time I heard the expression "Madonna wannabee" referring to shocking 10-13 year olds (and older)who dressed like Madonna in her boy toy period.

    As for the parents, the '80s is the "me" decade-yuppies and dinks (dual income no kids) and corporate greed. "Wall Street" and "Working Girl" and I'm sure others came out then.

    I was high school, college, and just beyond during this decade so it was a great time in my life, but I'm still don't think it would be the best life lessons during this time. Besides, Molly is the most recent girl and in her Meet book she is whiny and fights with her brother-kids in the '80s would be much worse than in the '40s, and who wants to read that? (especially since some of us live it daily!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •